Register for our newsletter

THE GRINDING PROCESS

The grinding process involves a series of operations to separate the husks from the wheat kernels in the best possible conditions. The goal is to obtain high-grade flour of irreproachable quality. Each wheat kernel yields 78% flour and the remaining 22% are ‘by-products’ destined for animal feed. After grinding the flour is stored in silos, of which the mill has eleven.

 

1

Breakage / Roller milling step 1: crushing the kernels / Roller milling step 2: grinding the crushed kernels

Breakage consists in shearing the husk from the kernel. The mill has a breakage capacity of 1,000 quintals per 24 hours and breaks 220,000 quintals of wheat per year. It has five break rolls (grooved cylinders used for removing wheat husks), four rollers for cracking the wheat into semolina and 6 rollers (smooth cylinders) for further grinding.

 

2

Sieving

Sieving (blutage) consists in putting the products through a series of sieves after crushing, making it possible to sort them according to granule size. The mill is equipped with 4 plansichters and one safety plansichter.

 

3

Brushes

They make it possible to scrape any remaining flour from the husk.

Moulin Paul Dupuis - sieving and grinding process
Tools for bakers
Try the traditional baguette by Normandy’s miller Try the Boss’s Old-Fashioned Treat Play animation Moulin Paul Dupuis Wheel Moulin Paul Dupuis Wheel Moulin Paul Dupuis
Your miller’s offer : recipe cards for your bakery

MOULIN PAUL DUPUIS | 58 rue de Ferrières - 76220 Gournay-en-Bray - FRANCE -Tel. : 02 35 90 09 01 | Legal notes

RC DIEPPE B 395 550 155 – TVA INTRACOM FR 07 395 550 155 - S.A.S. au capital de : 1.108.588,90 €